The mission of the St. Croix Review is to end the destruction of America by re-establishing the family as the center of American life, restoring economic prosperity to an independent middle class, and reviving a culture of tradition.
Barry MacDonald — Editorial
The Marxist Left, going by the name of the “Progressive” movement, has been on the march for over a century in America, and it now dominates many of our precious institutions. Our liberties are at risk. The St. Croix Review is sharpening its message. You will note that we have an evolved mission statement at the top of this page.
The Progressive movement includes politicians, public intellectuals, entertainers, artists, writers, academics, lawyers, news organizations, cartoonists, think tanks, bureaucrats, educators, churches and synagogues, corporations, and the tech barons of Apple, Microsoft, Amazon, Google, and Facebook.
Progressives behave as an exclusionary ruling class, and they manipulate the United States through the government and bureaucracy centered in Washington, D.C., using: The institutions of law; the education of children and adolescents; the selection and matriculation of future leaders through entrance into the nation’s so-called elite universities; the messages communicated in news and entertainment; the instructions imparted by some of our religious institutions; the presentation of content to be viewed in museums; the enticement, management, and sanctuary given to illegal immigrants; and the abandonment of rigorous scientific method that subjects findings to trials of disproof, in favor of agenda-based “science.”
The ruthless Progressives have adopted revolutionary means to manipulate mass consciousness, to grasp power for themselves, to maintain a system of control, and to undermine and overthrow liberty-enhancing traditional American values, using:
- Unaccountable bureaucracy
- Unsupported accusation
- Systematic deceit
- Perverted science
- Academic malpractice
- Class warfare
- Gender warfare
- Identity politics
- Corruption of intelligence agencies
- The defunding and demoralization of law enforcement
- Preferential treatment of criminals over the law-abiding
- Racial incitement
- Poisoned news narratives
The ruling class is hostile to:
- Traditional religious values
- The Founding principles embodied in the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution, and the Bill of Rights
- The enforcement of the rule of law and justice
- A due appreciation of rights in private property, and in the sanctity of contracts
- The unhindered operation of the free economy
- A fair-minded presentation of history that upholds achievement, justice, and goodness
- The self-reliance of the American individual, family, civic institutions, churches and synagogues, immigrants
- A health care system based on the free exchange of information and service between patient and care provider
- The management of an immigration system geared toward the liberty, prosperity, and the health and welfare of American citizens who live under the protections of the Constitution and the Bill of Rights
Religion and Society, and The St. Croix Review, oppose Progressives by means of:
- Editorials and essays
- Reasoned argumentation
- Fair-minded presentation of facts
- Historical essays
- Inspirational essays
- Religious values
- Commentary on current events
Religion and Society, and The St. Croix Review, uphold:
- The Christian faith, among others, embodied in the Founding documents of the United States of America
- The principles of law, justice, and governance embodied in our Founding documents
- Ideals of truth and goodness
- An emphasis on the exercise of liberty in the economy, and in civic institutions
- The promotion of the virtues of self-reliance of individuals, families, and religious faiths
- The diminution of the influence of the exclusionary ruling class, the bureaucracy, and the federal government
- An immigration system designed for the preservation of liberty, the Founding principles of American governance, and the prosperity of American citizens.
The progressives have become so brazen as to suppose that they have the leverage to impose gender ideology and “drag queen” shows, on kindergarten students in public schools.
When the Florida Legislature and Florida Governor Ron DeSantis opposed them with a prohibitory law, these crazed Progressives believed they could win the battle by smearing the “Parental Rights in Education” bill with a vitriolic label: the “Don’t Say Gay” law.
Unlike so many of the laws that issue from Washington, D.C. (for example, The Inflation Reduction Act and The Affordable Care Act), the wording of “The Parental Rights in Education” bill is a fair rendering of what’s in the law. The law prohibits the imposition of gender-identity propaganda on students from kindergarten through third grade in Florida schools. The bill protects “the fundamental right of parents to make decisions regarding the upbringing and control of the children.”
That such a law is necessary today is a measure of Progressive hutzpah and delusion and wickedness. It’s also a measure of how far the Progressives have gone in dominating our institutions.
We should be grateful. For many decades, the Marxist Left took such calculated and exquisite pains to disguise their lust for power with the subterfuge of fair-seeming rhetoric. But now the essential ugliness of their motives and programs is exposed for all to see. Progressives underestimate the intelligence and resolve of the good-hearted American people — that will be their undoing. *